Monday, March 17, 2008

Ultrasound today!


I had my first ultrasound today. It was a bit nerve racking, but I survived! They told me that I am 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant, with an estimated due date of November 18, 2008. Which is interesting because right now Christina's due date is November 17th. Out of all the things in my life that I thought might happen, being pregnant at the same time as her was not on my list. Let alone being due within a day of each other. It is crazy! Anyway they found the sac and the yoke safely in my uterus where they belong. However there was no heartbeat or fetal pole yet. The doctor told me that she was a little concerned that those were not detected and wants another ultrasound in one week to look again. I, of course, freaked out. I was a ball of nerves all day after that. Until I got online and started doing research and talking to friends. Every single website says that a heartbeat can normally be detected at first around 6-7 weeks. I am not quite 5 weeks. So that was unnecessary worry. But I still get another ultrasound next week, which I am excited for!


No comments: